2

Wow! Overwelmed!

This week has definitely been a crazy one. This is the first week I have been able to get into my classroom. Last week I got an email from the principal telling me my room # was 30 and I was teaching 5th grade. So Monday morning, I walked in to the school and asked a group of teachers standing around if they knew where my room was. The principal then told me that I had been moved and was going to be in 3rd grade now. Needless to say, I was pumped. 3rd grade is what I have been wanting to teach all along and the grade I interned.

They showed me around the school and then I got to go in my room. Almost a completely blank slate. I have a lot of book shelves and more filing cabinets than I even know what to do with. I also have some great built in shelving units. I freaked out a tiny bit when I realized just how much work I have to do. Its amazing how overwelming it is to walk into a new workspace and have no idea what to do to it or how to organize it. The girls were awesome today though! Sara completely helped me organize everything, and Katie was such a help hanging things and moving things with me.

I am really excited about teaching where I am. The teachers are great. Most of them are pretty young and it just seems like a really fun place to be. Don't get me wrong though. I am also incredibly nervous and overwelmed. I have no idea what I am going to do those first few days, or what all I need. I am just going to figure it out and pray for the best. haha.

I'll post some pictures as soon as everything is done :)

2 comments:

phil said...

youre going to do great. and those kids are going to love you. and if they dont just have ethan tell them a story and they'll behave

-Sam I Am- said...

you will be such an amazing teacher!!!
remember if you need me to help with the room and/or shopping for you and the room, just let me know!! :) happy to help. Love ya.

Back to Top